Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

California Cucumber Fantasy Salad

I am sure that if my grandmother made this she could have made it fabulous.  But I was looking through the notebook of recipes and came across this.  It sounds interesting.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that my family would turn their noses up at it if I made it! 

Furthermore, the more I read of this recipe I noticed that she just started adding stuff that is not on the list of ingredients.  Classic Frances....  Anyway try it if you like it, but if you do come back and share your comments on this one please!

Classic Cucumber Fantasy Salad

1 package of lime jello
2 cups shredded cabbage
2-1/2 cups (large) crushed pineapple
1 large cucumber
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 large package cream cheese

Make jello and chill.  When thickened, fold in cabbage, drained pineapple, and walnuts.  Pour into individual molds; chill until firm.

Stuffed cucumber - cut slice from top and bottom of coucumber - core out inside and fill with cream cheese.  Place in the center of platter covered with lettuce and top with pimento slices.  Arrange molds around cucumber.  Garnish with scalloped carrot curls and radish roses.  Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment