Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sister's Strawberry Cake

The quest to get "my precious" (aka the Rolodex) back started in 2007 when I moved here to Montgomery.  There is a local restaurant that Marie took me to when we were dating.  The name of the restaurant is Nancy Patterson's Bistro.  Ms. Patterson makes a well liked Strawberry Cake that the first time I tasted was an instant journey back to Christmas time at my Grandmother's house.

When I got a copy of the recipes back I was thrilled when I found the recipe for this cake.  Now I have tried this recipe.  I will have to be honest - I have almost mastered it.  The problem is this is one of those recipes that I think that she knew how to do something and just did not type it.

Now my Uncle swears that if you put your thumb in it that it will sweeten it up.  That was a saying that my Grandmother would often say.  Now that very well may be the case, but here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberry jello
1/2 cup water
1/2 box (10 oz) Frozen Strawberries
3/4 cup Wesson Oil
4 Eggs

Pour cake mix and jello powder into mixer and mix well; add oil, water and thawed strawberries and beat.  Add eggs one at a time.  Bake in three large layers for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Strawberry Icing:

1 Box 4X sugar
Butter (no measurements - but you are basically making a butter cream icing recipe)
milk (again just a mention - no measurements)
1/2 package frozen strawberries - thawed

Directions:
Beat together to icing consistency - if more liquid is needed, add milk

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment