Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Evelyn's Salad

Miss Nelson helping my grandmother with Sunday Lunch
Evelyn Nelson was a longtime family friend.  I have so many memories of Mrs. Nelson.  She was family and there was no other way to see it.  Mrs. Nelson went to church with my grandparents at FBC Albany.  Actually the back story on Mrs. Nelson was the fact that she worked at the Colonial Store as a clerk and my Grandmother friended her years before I was born.  Her husband has passed away and she had no family in Albany.

I cannot remember a single meal or holiday when she was not with us.




1 Can Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Large Can Crushed Pineapple
1 Cup Nuts
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
1 tsp of Lemon Juice
1 Large Container of Cool Whip

Mix all together, cover and freeze for 24 hours - thaw in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.


Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment