Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

No. 7 Chicken Fried Rice

Ok one of my guilty indulgences is Chinese food.  Especially Chicken Fried Rice.  The best place in the world and always will be, until I find a new place is Hong Kong Cafe in Albany, Georgia.  


Ms. Mei and her staff cook in my opinion the best Chinese food ever!  It is the real deal, and her egg rolls are made fresh from scratch everyday.

I should know. That was my lunch twice a week.  They knew exactly what I wanted - "two egg rolls and a diet coke".

Anyway, I am hours from Hong Kong Cafe, but here is a quick fix for that craving.




4 cups rice, prepared
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked (this should be cooked ahead - using your crock pot would be ideal or you could use a pre-cooked chicken breast if in a hurry)
1 cup peas & carrots, frozen
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce

Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 4 cups cooked rice.

Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.

Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Stir fry until tender.

Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.


Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment