Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Fruit Punch

Okay Frances would make this for parties - it is great tasting as a child, but I was laughing when I saw this recipe.  My Grandmother was never one to not allow us to sample something even if she did not prepare it.  When I was about seven years old I distinctly remember being at her house around Christmas time.  She was in a cooking frenzy, and she was preparing this punch.  The excpetion was she was making this not to be kid friendly.  She was adding a bottle of champagne.  So being curious I asked her what it was.  She allowed me to take a sip of the "punch" and then told me that was enough and sent me on my way.  Although the recipe is intended and was typed without mention of the champagne adding a bottle for those special adult occassion (if you like) will compliment the drink.

The coffee and kaluha is another post.....Here is the recipe for the Holiday Fruit Punch

1 46 oz can unsweetened pineapple juice
1 quart of cranberry juice cocktail
1 one pint / 12 oz bottle of ginger ale
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 bananas, sliced

Chill first four ingredients - combine in punch bowl - float banana slices on top.  Makes three quarts.

Enjoy this Rolodex Recipe

Christmas Party with my Grandparents and some of their closest friends.  My grandfather and gramother are pictured in the lower right of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment