Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Real Homemade Chili

Now one of the favorite things that my Mema would love to make on a Saturday for lunch was Chili.  Now I am not sure if was because she like it alot or I did.  I tend to favor she made it for me because I liked it so much and still do, but in either case it was good.

Real Homemade Chili

3 cans cream of tomato soup
1 can water
1 1/2 lb of good ground beef
1 large chopped onion
3 tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Tabasco sauce (if you like hot chili) Optional
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp minced garlic or 1 clove of garlic choppped
2 cans of Mexican style chili beans

Saute onions in enough oil to keep from sticking.  Add ground beef and brown.  Add seasonings, soup and water.  Stir well to cook over low heat for 1 hour.  Stir frequently.  If it thickens too much, add more water.  When done, add beans and heat throughly.

This one is just in time for a cool football weekend or gathering of friends - straight from the rolodex to your kitchen!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment